Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way
简介The government's online civil service portal temporarily resumed operations Saturday after expe ...
The government's online civil service portal temporarily resumed operations Saturday after experiencing a major outage, officials said, although disruptions to the government's administrative computer network persist.
The Saeol administrative network used by public workers went down on Friday morning, followed by a suspension of the online portal, Government 24.
The outage caused an unprecedented halt to all services of issuing government certificates and civil documents.
On Saturday, the interior ministry said it has temporarily restored the online service after conducting multiple examinations. The portal has become available as of 10 a.m.
The disruption has reportedly been caused by an error in the authentication process in accessing Saeol, although the exact cause remains unknown.
Some 100 network equipment company officials and public officials have been attempting to fix the issue at the National Information Resources Service in Daejeon, 139 kilometers south of Seoul, where the interior ministry's network servers are located.
The Saeol system has yet to return to normal operations, and the ministry plans to focus efforts on resolving the issue over the weekend.
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo convened a meeting of relevant agencies to discuss response measures, apologized over the service disruptions and vowed to make all-out efforts for the recovery, according to his office.
"I apologize over the inconvenience and confusion experienced by the public from the halt to civil services of public agencies," Han said. "We are making all-out recovery efforts with private sector experts, and we will do our best for a swift normalization."
President Yoon Suk Yeol ordered Friday the creation of a task force to handle the breakdown of the government's online civil service portal. Yoon was in San Francisco, where he was attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit.
Interior Minister Lee Sang-min, who cut short his work trip to the United States to deal with the network paralysis, will return home later Saturday to preside over a meeting to discuss response measures. (Yonhap)
Hopes are growing that Korean Canadian director and playwright Celine Song’s directorial debut “Past ...
Twitch, a popular U.S.-based live game streaming platform, said Wednesday it plans to shut down its ...
The finance ministers of South Korea and Britain on Tuesday discussed the establishment of a bilater ...
- Mirae Asset Securities names new CEOs
- Drunk driver who killed father of two gets 10 years
- Over 70,000 teens homeless, urgent support needed: professor
- Korea, Britain finance chiefs discuss economic dialogue, investment ties
- 조응천 "8년간 쓴소리 했는데…요즘은 백태클에 뒤통수 가격"
- N. Korea doles out gifts to participants in mothers' conference
Berlin Philharmonic's 'Unsuk Chin Edition': Unthinkable becomes reality
Storing away for a more compact life
Korean defense firms head to Egypt defense expo to expand market presence
KFCC hosts workshop for sustainable growth in Africa
Ideal spouse material? Above
Man adopts 2 cats, just to kill them
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- Korea to start hiring E
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- 1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- Jeju Island offers many choices for holidaymakers with pets
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023