Global Kimchi Day declared
简介Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness ...
Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness about the Korean staple food globally, together with Korean food buyers and foreign diplomats during the Buy Korean Food trade fair in Seoul.
The state-run food trade agency, known as aT, has already celebrated Nov. 22 as Kimchi Day following a revision to the Kimchi Industry Promotion Act in February 2020.
At Thursday’s event, aT vowed to seek the day’s global recognition, joining together with foreign supporters, including 12 buyers from nine countries, including the UK, the US, Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan, who were designated as goodwill ambassadors.
The event was joined by several ambassadors and diplomats from seven countries, including Argentina, Belarus, Honduras and Venezuela.
The Global Kimchi Forum, a consultative body bringing in voluntary cooperation globally to encourage the adoption of Kimchi Day around the world, was also launched as a part of the event.
"The global designation of Kimchi Day is an opportunity to confirm that the popularity and status of kimchi has increased worldwide, and also an opportunity to inform the international community that Korea is the suzerain state of kimchi," said aT CEO Kim Chun-jin.
"I believe today's proclamation ceremony event of 'Global Kimchi Day' will serve as an opportunity to publicize the excellence and value of kimchi to the world and to promote the health of all mankind."
South Korea has requested the United Arab Emirates correct the faulty posting of North Korea's ...
Kiss of Life say they were born to be artists. Not only do they love producing music, singing and da ...
Kakao CEO Hong Eun-taek apologized Thursday over recent controversy surrounding alleged stock manipu ...
- Citibank Korea hosts digital forum for corporate clients
- Jeju female divers 'haenyeo' listed as FAO agricultural heritage system
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- 노조에 파업 손배 청구 힘들어져…재계, 노란봉투법 통과 강력 반발
- [KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
송영길 "어린 건방진 놈" 한동훈 "운동권 했다고 우월한 척"
National Museum of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty to open in Pyeongchang
Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody
Yoon visits Busan after failed World Expo bid
[Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- Samsung Biologics to offer solutions for Kurma Partners' portfolio firms
- Yoon's office denies hasty secretary sacking to hide truth
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- 12 suspected cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle under investigation
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Exhibition at holy site highlights Catholic presence in Korea
- S. Korea to hold remembrance ceremony for independence fighter at center of ideological dispute
- Korean Air to retain Asiana workers after takeover: sources
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching
- [New on scene] Lee Jun
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Unification minister meets US civic group head to discuss NK human rights
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide
- Lotte aquarium, activists battle over release of beluga whale
- Seoul shares down for 3rd day amid geopolitical tension, high US bond yields
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week