Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
简介Hyundai Motor Group is venturing into the Middle East as it explores new business opportunities with ...
Hyundai Motor Group is venturing into the Middle East as it explores new business opportunities with cutting-edge technologies in the region, looking to recreate the pioneering legacy of Chung Ju-yung, Hyundai Group’s late founder.
During President Yoon Suk Yeol's state visit to the Middle East, the South Korean conglomerate announced a series of agreements and contracts to set up a new manufacturing plant for electric vehicles and cooperate in the eco-friendly energy sector with efforts to establish a hydrogen mobility ecosystem and construct mega-sized plants in Middle Eastern countries.
The region has a special meaning for Hyundai Motor Group, as its founder created his legacy there in the 1970s. Chung led Hyundai’s aggressive bidding campaign to capture a signifiant share of the region’s construction market, successfully scoring massive projects including the famous construction of an enormous industrial harbor in Jubail, an eastern coastal city in Saudi Arabia.
Hyundai Motor Group's Executive Chair Chung Euisun, the grandson of the late founder, on Monday visited Hyundai E&C’s underground tunnel construction site in the Line, a linear city being built as part of Saudi Arabia’s $500 billion-Neom project to create a futuristic, urban area in its northwestern Tabuk Province.
According to Hyundai E&C, the company is currently working on a 12.5-kilometer part of the Line’s underground tunnel for high-speed and freight trains.
“Hyundai Motor Group will advance the history built by Hyundai E&C’s trust together and actively provide support with responsibility,” said Chung as he thanked the employees there and emphasized the importance of quality and safety.
Lotte Group's year-end reshuffle announced on Wednesday signals a focus on new growth opportuni ...
The face of Korea’s 100 won coin -- which shows a portrait of legendary Navy Adm. Yi Sun-sin (1545-1 ...
South Korea's $6 billion payment for Iranian crude oil has been frozen by the US administration ...
- S. Korea asks UAE to correct nat'l flag image mix
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
[News Focus] Why Kim Jong
LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
야당, 김행 사퇴에 “사필귀정…사법적 판단 받아야”
[Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- [Herald Interview] UAE economy minister urges to expand business partnerships
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- Yoon set to depart for San Francisco to attend APEC summit
- ‘Concrete Utopia’ clinches best picture at Daejong Film Awards
- [Up close in Yeouido] Spy
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- Soyeon, Winter, Liz's collaborative song 'Nobody' comes out Thursday
- Samsung Bioepis to develop MSD's Keytruda biosimilar
- South Korea's Yoon will warn APEC leaders about the risks of a Russia
- [Herald Interview] Korean team wins James Dyson Award with ‘hands
- 송영길 “비례정당 출마 검토”…조국과 연대 가능성도 시사
- [KH explains] Chinese battery makers gobbling up Korean rivals’ European market share
- Hyundai Motor chair wins top UK royal honor
- UNC members renew commitment against any NK armed attack
- National Changgeuk Company's endeavor to foster pansori composers continues
- Han Sung Motor commits to give back to society
- Russian delegation arrives in Pyongyang for trade, science talks: KCNA
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies