Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
简介Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman gave South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol a ride to a high-pr ...
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman gave South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol a ride to a high-profile investment conference in Riyadh on Tuesday, saying he hopes the two will be able to ride in a locally produced Hyundai car next time, according to Yoon's office.
Yoon was on a four-day state visit to Riyadh from Saturday to Tuesday and was set to head to the annual Future Investment Initiative forum to deliver a speech.
The crown prince made a surprise visit to Yoon's guest house at around noon. The two leaders talked for about 20 minutes before the crown prince took the president in his car and drove 15 minutes to the FII conference, according to the presidential office.
"Next time you come, I hope we will be able to ride together in a Hyundai electric vehicle manufactured in Saudi Arabia," the crown prince was quoted as saying.
South Korea's Hyundai Motors and Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund signed a contract on the occasion of Yoon's state visit to jointly invest around $400 million in the construction of a car assembly plant in King Abdullah Economic City in Makkah Province, Saudi Arabia.
The plant will be designed to produce 50,000 electric and gas-powered cars annually starting in 2026, becoming South Korea's first electric vehicle production hub in the Middle East and an entry point for the wider Middle Eastern and North African markets, according to the presidential office.
Crown Prince Mohammed joined Yoon at the conference where he was to give his speech and stayed until the end of the event, the presidential office said. (Yonhap)
BTS' V and Blackpink's Jennie, who were rumored to have been dating, recently broke up, mu ...
South Korea, the United States and Japan staged a trilateral maritime interdiction exercise in water ...
The ruling People Power Party plans to appoint the leader of its innovation committee set to be laun ...
- Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- [사진] 부산 깡통시장 간 윤 대통령과 기업 총수들
- Omega X to return with 3rd EP ‘iykyk’ next month
- Floor leader of main opposition party voices disappointment at Yoon's budget speech
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- LG, Hyundai, YouTube team up for in
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- Celltrion wins UNDP tender to supply anticancer treatments to Turkmenistan
- [Herald Review] ‘Zzz’ lulls audience to sleep through onstage performance
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
- Prosecutors seek 5
- NCSoft to tear loose from Lineage: CEO
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- Fire breaks out at SK On's plant during pilot run in China
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- N. Korea notifies Japan of plan to launch satellite between Wednesday and Dec. 1: report
- Zepeto metaverse plans to support Apple Vision Pro
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
- YouTuber ‘iGoBart’ and his mission to explore all 467 neighborhoods of Seoul
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- S. Korea's top diplomat holds talks with Malaysian, Indonesian counterparts at APEC
- [New in Korean] Kim Hye