S. Korea, US explore ways to expand ties in energy, supply chains
简介South Korea and the United States discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation in the energy and s ...
South Korea and the United States discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation in the energy and supply chain sectors this week, the industry ministry said Friday.
Industry Minister Bang Moon-kyu and Jose Fernandez, US under secretary of state, hosted the clean energy business roundtable on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in San Francisco, according to the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
"The Carbon-Free Energy Initiative of Korea and the US Clean Energy Demand Initiative share a common vision of expanding clean electricity through the use of carbon-free energy," Bang said during the roundtable, expressing hope over deeper bilateral ties.
Bang held separate talks with John Kerry, the US special envoy for climate, to discuss strategies for leveraging various carbon-free energy sources, including nuclear and renewable power, the ministry added.
During the visit, the industry minister also met with China's Commerce Minister Wang Wentao to share ideas on stabilizing the supply chain between the two countries. China is the biggest export destination for South Korea.
Bang vowed to bolster cooperation with Japan in the semiconductor industry during a meeting with his Japanese counterpart, Yasutoshi Nishimura, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
China’s recent move to ramp up investment in organic light-emitting display panels is stoking fears ...
The remake of the musical "Sister Act, which is getting ready for its world premiere on Nov. 4 in Bu ...
JEONJU, North Jeolla Province -- Less than two hours' KTX ride from Seoul's Yongsan Statio ...
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- FM holds back
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- [Subway Stories] Traditional medicine's healing legacy lives on at Jegi
- FM holds back
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- Special brochure brings together Korean
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- KGC wins minister's award for IP management
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- Italian architect Franco Mancuso donates archives on Korean Pavilion at Venice Biennale
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- 北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Samsung Biologics quarterly sales hit W1tr for first time
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- McDonald's Korea to increase prices of 13 items next week
- Cirque Du Soleil mesmerizes Seoul with 'Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico'
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- Sumi Jo awarded Geumgwan Order, highest honor for artists