First snow of winter falls in Seoul
简介The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological ...
The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological Administration explained that the first snowfall in Seoul, at 11:20 a.m., was observed earlier than usual.
Friday's measured precipitation in Seoul was not immediately available as of 3 p.m., but the KMA predicted about 1 centimeter of snowfall in the Greater Seoul area until Saturday.
The weather agency officially announces the first snow in Seoul when an observer at the Seoul Meteorological Observatory in Songwol-dong, Jongno-gu, directly sees the snow falling. Seoul saw the first snow of this year three days earlier than average and 12 days earlier than last year.
As of 11:20 a.m. on Friday, the first snow also fell in Incheon, Baengnyeongdo, Suwon, and Hongseong, South Chungcheong Province.
In Incheon, the snow came six days earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the last year. Baengnyeongdo, an island near North Korea, also saw the first snow a day earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the previous year.
The first snow in Suwon was four days earlier than usual and 16 days earlier than last year. Hongseong saw the first snow 12 days earlier than last year.
The KMA added that more areas would see their first snowfall on Friday, as clouds above the central West Sea were moving eastward at the speed of 40 kilometers per hour. As of 3 p.m., snow was falling strongly around the west coast of South Chungcheong Province, and strong snow is also expected in the Chungcheong area and the North Jeolla area until 6 p.m.
부산 깡통시장 간 윤 대통령과 기업 총수들윤석열 대통령이 6일 부산 부평깡통시장을 찾아 주요 그룹 총수들과 떡볶이·튀김 등을 시식하고 있다. 지난달 29일 2030 세계박람회(엑스 ...
Korean science fiction writer Bae Myung-hoon on Wednesday emphasized the importance of bridging the ...
The space economy is expanding and becoming increasingly global, and South Korea is leaping forward ...
- Ideal spouse material? Above
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- [Today’s K
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- Scholars shed light on late Samsung chief’s management initiatives
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- Shanghai art scene puts on fair show while struggling to recover from pandemic
- Helicopter parent's questions spark debate online
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
- [Korean History] In 2005, science world’s biggest scandal unravels in Seoul
- [Herald Interview] UAE economy minister urges to expand business partnerships
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
- N. Korea 'satisfied' with tests of solid
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- Production teams called out for carelessness
- [Up close in Yeouido] Spy
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- Food trade agency launches global low
- Stray Kids to perform at 2023 Billboard Music Awards
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- N. Korea tests newly developed solid
- Container shipping costs for US west coast rise 7 pct in October
- Hyundai Motor chair wins top UK royal honor
- Google offers data residency for Korean corporate clients
- [Today’s K
- Posco International to build modular factory in Ukraine