iStaging Asia eyes patents for spatial web tech
简介iStaging Asia, a joint venture between South Korean company I&OK and Taipei-based iStaging, said Thu ...
iStaging Asia, a joint venture between South Korean company I&OK and Taipei-based iStaging, said Thursday it has applied for a total of three patents in the field of three-dimensional spatial web transformation.
The patents include: 3D spatial transformation from a 2D model, 3D spatial editing and 3D floor plan rendering.
The technologies will enable businesses to transform their products into 3D models by simply recording a video of a product with a smartphone, which also reduces costs and time.
Creating a 720-degree video -- 360 degrees both horizontally and vertically -- is also possible within a minute. Once the recorded video is uploaded to a cloud platform, a layout editor can customize it with photos, text and audio to explain products to customers.
Since 2015, iStaging has been collaborating with globally renowned real estate companies including Remax and AECOM to mass-compile spatial data. Its AI technology has been trained on this database, enabling it easily to recognize and identify objects including walls, ceilings and desks from a recorded video.
Using the technology, European luxury brands including Louis Vuitton have already been converting their products to 3D and displaying them in virtual exhibitions.
“iStaging has been introducing various 3D technologies to the market since 2015,” said iStaging Asia CEO Choo Sun-woo.
“In particular, since our collaboration with Google‘s (former augmented reality computing program) Tango in 2018, we have been expanding our presence in the field of augmented reality,” Choo said.
iStaging‘s latest technology is currently undergoing testing for use with augmented reality glasses.
Samsung SDI said Thursday it has set up a team dedicated to pushing forward the development of the n ...
Foreign Minister Park Jin made a final pitch in France this week to win support for South Korea's bi ...
North Korea said Friday that it will carry out efforts to step up its military deterrence and take m ...
- Succession scheme taking shape at Lotte
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- 尹대통령 지지율 1%p 오른 34%…국민의힘 34% 민주당 33% [갤럽]
- Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
- AliExpress vows to invest W10b to root out fake goods in Korea
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death
Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards
FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
Arrest warrant issued for ex
Gimjang tours make kimchi
GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
- 尹대통령 지지율 1%p 오른 34%…국민의힘 34% 민주당 33% [갤럽]
- Gimjang tours make kimchi
- Asiana to sell cargo biz to help Korean Air win EU approval for takeover
- [Weekender] Pop
- [Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- N. Korea diversifying cybercrimes amid drop in value of cryptocurrency: report
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger
- King Charles welcomes South Korea's president with state banquet, mingles with K
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- Prosecutors seek 30
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Priciest elite private high school costs over W30m a year
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- Disney+ brings romance to year's end
- Hyundai opens innovation center in Singapore
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- LG Chem boosts diverse ESG campaigns
- Hyundai Steel starts new campaign promoting recycled steel
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”